This Cookies Policy relates to our website at booksellers.llewellyn.com content and services (collectively, the "Service").
Cookies are widely used to allow online and mobile sites to function efficiently. A "cookie" is a small text file that (depending on your browser settings) is deposited on your computer, mobile phone, tablet or other smart device when you visit a site. The cookie may be sent back to that site when you visit again and may then be used by the server to identify and track your use of the site.
Cookies last for various durations. A "session cookie" is a temporary cookie that only remains in the cookie file of your browser until you leave a site. A "persistent" cookie is a long-term cookie that will be stored by your browser until its set expiry date (unless you delete it before the expiry date).
There are four widely recognized categories of cookie by function:
- Essential cookies. These are necessary for the operation of a site (or part of a site), e.g. enabling a user to log into secure areas of a site or to use a shopping cart.
- Functional cookies. These recognize you when you return to a site, allowing content to be personalized and preferences to be set.
- Analytical cookies. These monitor site performance and analyses site traffic, gathering anonymous data.
- Targeting cookies. These record your browsing history (such as visits to sites, pages visited and links followed) and use that information to make content and/or advertising displayed on a site more relevant to your interests. That process is often called "online behavioral advertising" (or "OBA" for short).
In this Cookies Policy, where the context allows, references to "cookies" include any tools that collect information from your device about your browsing activity.
In general, we use certain types of cookies:
- to identify you as you use the Service (essential and functional cookies);
- (where applicable) to help us authenticate you as a Member and/or Registered User and to give you access to your user profile (functional cookies);
- to customize and personalize your experience of the Service (functional cookies); and
- to compile anonymous statistics about the use of the Service (analytical cookies).
These cookies do not contain any information that, in itself, personally identifies you and do not provide us with access to the rest of your device. We may, however, associate the information contained in cookies with personal information that you have provided to us separately.
More particularly, here is a list of the main cookies that we use on the Service, and what each is used for.
|Cookie Type||Cookie Name||Description|
|Essential & Functional||PHPSESSID||To help us identify you as a Member and/or Registered User and to give you access to your personal profile. Without it, you cannot log into your online account with us.|
|Functional||Two cookies starting with "llw"||These two cookies are set if you create an account with us through our website. They help us to minimize spam and to help prevent you from creating a second account accidentally.|
We may introduce further types of cookies from time to time to improve your experience of the Service. If we do so, we shall update the list above to note any further main cookies used on the Service.
If you require any further information on the cookies that we use, you can contact us as described on our Contact Us page.
Rejecting and deleting cookies
To learn how to reject or delete cookies, we recommend that you consult the "Help" function of your internet browser or, for a mobile phone, your handset manual. Further information on rejection and deletion of cookies is provided on www.aboutcookies.org.
If, however, you decide to disable or delete any cookies, some parts or features of the Service (especially interactive features) may not work properly. For some parts of the Service, we may require you to uninstall or cease using the relevant applications, rather than have a poor experience from disabling cookies. Disabling or deleting cookies may also affect your ability to use other online or mobile sites.
How to contact us
Changes to this Cookies Policy
We may at any time update or otherwise modify this Cookies Policy. We will notify you of any changes to our Cookies Policy by posting the modified Cookies Policy on the Service. By then continuing to use the Service, you will be bound by the modified Cookies Policy.
Last modified: April 2, 2018